Events & Membership Coordinator
The St. Germain Chamber of Commerce is looking for a friendly, upbeat person to fill our full-time Event & Membership Coordinator position! This person will work under the direction of the Executive Director to develop events that will attract visitors to St. Germain and enhance the economic growth of the Chamber and the community. The Event & Membership Coordinator also maintains and creates relationships with Chamber members, and visitors, and will assist with office duties as needed.
Event Coordinator Requirements
- Bring fresh and innovative event ideas to the Chamber.
- Brainstorm, execute and oversee the events by contacting vendors, touring potential venue locations, facilitate set-up and event clean-up.
- Work with Executive Director to develop event promotions that align with Chamber branding and target effective markets and audiences.
- Maintain Chamber’s event calendar on the website, social media, and all other local event-listing platforms.
- Demonstrate the highest level of communication and interpersonal skills both inside and outside of the Chamber office.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Effectively self-start and carry out tasks.
- Organize work and files in an orderly fashion.
- Manage volunteers effectively and be able to delegate, making sure they are aware of their jobs.
- Show leadership skills.
- Keep costs within the allocated budget.
- Proficiently use Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, and easily learn new computer software and programs.
Membership Coordinator Requirements
- Greet visitors and Chamber members
- Update office-generated brochures
- Answer inquiries received through phone, email, and social media.
- Keep 24-hour visitor center stocked and up to date
- Receive and collect payments for events, businesses, merchandise, Chamber Chex
- Prepare and send annual membership renewal forms/packets
- Update Chamber Membership information in the database
- Maintain confidentiality related to aspects of member and chamber information
- Send out Destination Guide packets
- Send out leads to Chamber members in a timely manner
- Create invoices, record payments, send and receive receipts
- Create/manage business listing pages for members on the Chamber’s website
- Assist with in-house design and print services for members of brochures, posters, etc.
- Visit Chamber members, communicate upcoming events, opportunities, sponsorships, and deliver destination guides or posters.
- Help recruit new members to the Chamber
- Work with Executive Director to review, edit, and finalize the Destination Guide.
- Write and submit weekly Community News Article
- Update and maintain the electronic sign
40 hours per week. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Some weekends and overtime may be required during event weeks, when there are meetings, or travel is required.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
Two years of prior experience planning events and/or working in a Chamber of Commerce setting is preferred, but not required. A minimum of two years working in an administrative/clerical role is required.
Benefits & Wage
- Full-time/salary position. Pay based on experience
- Paid vacation and PTO
- IRA with employer match
- Paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.