Head off the beaten path and on to the water! After the busy summer season, the upper WI River is a beautiful place to discover nature's beauty around every bend. As you paddle, TFT's naturalists will share their knowledge with you about the river and its inhabitants.
- Meet at TFT's education hall at 1pm Sept. 25
- Transportation to and from launch site (Otter Rapids Dam) provided by TFT staff (Note: TFT is unable to transport personal canoes or kayaks)
- Restroom available at TFT, no restroom at launch site or take out.
- Basic canoe stroke instruction provided
- Paddle is approximately 4 miles long in calm water. There may be some rocks to navigate around.
- Open to ages 5 & up: paddlers encouraged to be aged 8+ (younger participants can sit in the middle of the canoe).
- No pets allowed
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather: this includes wearing layers and bringing rain gear, if needed (program runs rain or shine)
- Closed-toed shoes required
- Bottle of water
- Dry bag