Recreation > Family Fun
St. Germain offers many great family activities in all four seasons.
Spring, summer and fall are great times to explore the Northwoods by hiking or biking on one of the area’s many trails. There are many other outdoor recreational activities to do while in St. Germain.
Winter is the time for snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, snowshoeing, sledding and ice skating. The Town of St. Germain offers an outdoor skating rink with a warming shed located right next to the Community Center (weather permitting). Or you can try some high flying adventure at Northwoods Zip Line Tours!
- Rainy Day Activities (PDF) — Fun ideas for families on rainy days!
- Snowy Day Activities (PDF) — Fun ideas for families on snowy days!
- Wisconsin Fun Facts (PDF) — Fun facts & info about Wisconsin!
- Area Parks & Beaches — Listing & information about the area’s parks & beaches.
- Discover the Forest — US Forest Service website for kids to help them learn about national parks & forests.
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids — Electronic magazine for kids. Learn about the great outdoors!
- Find a Lake — Searchable database by location, fish type or with landings, beaches or public lands/parks provided by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Into the Outdoors — Website for kids of any age who want to explore Wisconsin’s outdoors!
- Kovac Planetarium — The world’s largest mechanical globe planetarium! Monico, Wisconsin
- Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest Recreational Overview Map — Recreation & facilities map in the NHAL State Forest (PDF).
- Northwoods Zip Line — Northwoods Zip Line Tour is the newest and most exciting tour in the Northwoods!
- Things to See & Do in Vilas County (PDF) — Fun spots to visit in Vilas County.
- Water Ski Shows (PDF) — Listing & information about area water ski shows.
- Wisconsin Explorer Program — DNR sponsored program to help kids learn about Wisconsin’s great outdoors. Kids who complete the requirements will earn collectible state symbol patches.